Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Colorado: Day 4

Today more or less consisted of half of an actual rest day and then a training day. Del and I pretty much lounged around the apartment complaining about how sore this or that was from yesterday's "restful" activities. We were planning on meeting up with Jess and another friend for a 7 mile trail run around 3:30. When we got out there, we were met with incredibly strong winds which convinced the girls to turn around halfway and head back to their cars, but Del and I soldiered on into the tempest.

Honestly, it felt like I was dragging a parachute. After a while longer we found some shelter as the trail wound through some trees and then mercifully changed direction and went downhill. It was a great trail with some fun technical sections and it wound through some large fields that allegedly contained free-range livestock, but we never saw any. The views of the Flatirons and the front-range were quite breathtaking...or maybe that was the altitude punching me in the solar plexus again....hard to tell. It was another huffing-and-puffing run for me as Delaware again flaunted the fact that he is more acclimated to the altitude than I am. I took some video and after I edit it down and add some music to drown out the horrible wind noise, I'll post it HERE. But it won't be there quite yet, as I have to go to bed very soon.
(UPDATE: Video is now posted)

Tomorrow, Del and I are getting up bright and early to do something I've never done before. I won't spoil it just yet, but I'll give you a hint.

1 comment: